Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Would you drive a Smart Fortwo?

This tiny car is currently available in Canada, and will be here in 2008.



Maynard at the Tammy Bruce blog says in his post,
Greens vs. Conservatives vs. Maynard:
[...] Mock me if you will, but I think this is neat! It's small, but it actually has plenty of headroom and foot room. And you can park it anywhere. If people started driving these things, our freeways could hold twice as many cars. I'll have to take a close look when they show up.

These little cars get 60 miles per gallon! They also have all kinds of safety features, but still... the video asks a lot of the awkward questions, so it's worth watching, it's about 5 minutes long. Also visit Maynard's post for more details and related links.

Is it really just a glorified golf-cart? I used to think about the Ford Fiesta that way, but it looks huge in comparison to this. Do you think there is going to be a significant market for this mini-car in the US? I really couldn't say, it will be interesting to see.
     

3 comments:

Bob's Blog said...

I am on my second Chevy Metro. Never had a repair in 225000 total miles for the two cars. 55 miles per gallon. Absolutely love driving it.

Bob's Blog said...

Of course, Chevy doesn't make them any more, because they make nothing servicing them. I have no idea what I will buy next. I need a back seat for kids.

Chas said...

55 mpg is great mileage, and the Metro looks more comfortable, too. Perhaps it will make a comeback if gas prices continue rising. Thanks for sharing that.