Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Ubuntu 9.10 available Thursday

Here are a few links that could come in handy for it:

Preparing for Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)
Is there anyone around who doesn't know that the next release of Ubuntu Linux, 9.10 (Karmic Koala) is due out tomorrow? I doubt it, and even if there were they wouldn't be reading this, so I'll just forge ahead.

I don't intend to add my voice to the chorus singing the praises of the new release. What I would like to do is take a quick look at a few simple things that can go a long way in making the upgrade easier. [...]


10 easy steps to secure your Linux machine
Whether you use a single desktop or manage a lab full of servers, with the various threats we all face from hackers these days you simply have to make sure you're running a secure ship.

Running Linux gives you some inherent protection from attack, but you still need to take adequate steps to thwart any attempts that people might make to compromise your system.

Here are 10 of the best courses of action that you can take. [...]

I'm hoping to download Ubuntu Friday when I'm in the office.
     

No comments: