Thursday, March 04, 2010

Rube Goldberg Machine Music Video

I guess someone had a lot of time on their hands:



Directed by James Frost, OK Go and Syyn Labs. Produced by Shirley Moyers. The official video for the recorded version of "This Too Shall Pass" off of the album "Of the Blue Colour of the Sky". The video was filmed in a two story warehouse, in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA. The "machine" was designed and built by the band, along with members of Syyn Labs ( http://syynlabs.com/ ) over the course of several months.

On my Google home page, which is what I see when I boot up my computer each morning, I've added a feature that shows me what the most-viewed Youtube video of the day is. For the past two days it was this one, sort of a music video - Rube Goldberg Machine.

I've had the "most viewed video of the day" feature on my page for almost two weeks now. So far, I've not been very impressed with most of the videos I've seen. Most of them have been boring crap; mostly accidents, sports failures, and boring talking heads. This one isn't especially great, but it is kinda weird. And so far, it's been the best of a bad bunch.

I was curious to see what the most watched videos would be. Now I'm almost sorry I did. What a lot of crap people spend their time on! I'll keep it on my page for a while, and see if the selections improve; I can only hope there will at least be an occasional gem in the dung heap.
     

No comments: