Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's an Obama Nation

I resisted the temptation to use "Obamanation" in the title of this post. It would have been a snarky cheap shot, and I don't want to be unnecessarily negative. I'm not going to start kicking the guy before he even lifts a finger to do anything. A big shift is happening, and I'm watching closely. And while I may not be thrilled with the outcome of this election, There It Is. I don't believe in wasting time arguing with What Is.

If John McCain can congratulate Mr. Obama, I guess so can I. Congratulations, Mr. Obama. I'll be saying my prayers for you, that you are guided to make wise decisions.

Perhaps Mr. Obama will be more flexible as POTUS than some of us have believed. We shall see. I can remember thinking he flip-flops on too many issues. Now ironically, I can only hope that he does! I had wondered if his extreme associations were more political expediency for climbing up in the Democrat party, rather than his personal preferences. Now I'm hoping that's true. Michelle Obama has a nice smile when she uses it; perhaps she will smile more now. And we can also now look forward to years of entertaining remarks by VP Joe Biden.

I believe in making lemonade out of lemons. I'm going to do my best to make the most of this, whether it's lemonade, lemon juice, ice tea or lemon-scented floor wax. We work with what we have. We make the most of it. We encourage the best in every situation. That is America.

John McCain ran a good campaign under very difficult conditions. I see Uber Conservatives like Michelle Malkin are already squawking that we lost because we ran a RHINO. Amazing. This isn't the 1980's or the '90s. The wind changed direction a long time ago. There is a HUGE shift happening politically, throughout the world. It's a shift to the left. The Republican party, as we knew it, has been left behind. If it can re-group into something viable, it won't be like it was. Get used to it. Change IS coming. If the Republicans want to be a part of it, in any MEANINGFUL way, they will have to adapt. Or be marginalized into oblivion.

Change comes when it will. Tomorrow is another day. Politics is politics. This too will pass, whether you want it to or not. Life goes on, and it's still good. Remember to count your blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted this on my myspace blog as well as a link to your site. I hope you don't mind.

Hope you have a wonderful day =)

Chas said...

Mind? Not at all.

You have a wonderful day too. :)