Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oregon gun owners with concealed carry permits to be treated like sex offenders?

Uh oh. What happened to the understanding of "privacy"?

Targeting law-abiding gun owners again
Look at what they’re doing in Oregon to licensed concealed weapons owners (hat tip - Orbusmax)

[...] We live in a country where convicted illegal alien felons have more privacy rights than law-abiding gun owners. [...]

I intend to get a concealed carry permit, and I don't see why my address and personal information need to be made public to just anyone and everyone. Law abiding citizens who go through the training class and pay the permit fees should not be treated like criminals because of it.

I had an NRA membership years ago, but I let it lapse. Last week I signed up again. None too soon, apparently. I have a link to the NRA in the right sidebar if you want to check it out.
     

No comments: