Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Trip East, and my Long Break from Blogging

My father, working in his yard.

On September 11th, I flew back east to visit family. I didn't post anything about 9-ll memorials or such, because I had a lot to do to prepare for my trip, and I didn't want to be extremely focused on the awfulness of what happened eight years earlier, on the same day I was taking several connecting flights to get to my destination. I was already thinking about it plenty, without blogging about it too. I don't like flying even under the best of circumstances. But I needed to make this trip, and I had to stay focused on that.

My parents are getting on in years, and my mom has had some serious health issues, including pulmonary hypertension. It's becoming increasingly difficult for them to manage staying in their home in the winter time, so we (me and my siblings) are doing what we can to help them cope where they are, until other living arrangements can be made.

I hadn't seen my parents for several years, and as it was a short visit, it was rather intense. There was a lot to fit into a short amount of time.

I missed a connecting flight on my journey back, so I spent a lot of time in airports and planes. With all that and jet-lag too, I've been pretty exhausted. There have been things I've wanted to blog about, but I've been too preoccupied with other things, and haven't felt very motivated for blogging. I think it's going to take me some time to get back into it. Meanwhile, I'm just posting this as an explanation.

Most of the political things I find interesting you can find on Pat's blog. My own "farm reports" and such, I will get back to doing eventually, but it's going to take a while for me to get my blogging legs back again.
     

No comments: