Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Beginnings...


(This is Smudgie, our "smudgepoint" Siamese cat, in a rare photo where she actually stayed still long enough to remain in focus.)

I'm posting the cat photo because it came out well, and it's my current desktop wallpaper. When I started this blog, I called it a compilation, because I wanted to be able to discuss and post about a wide variety of things.

Politics by itself is an enormous topic. I started off posting quite a bit about politics, and will continue to do so. But I'm also just a part time blogger; there is no way I can compete with others who have more time to devote to blogging. For many political issues, I often link to other bloggers who have more time to examine and post about issues throughly. I'll continue to do so, adding my own commentary when relevant.

In keeping with the title of this blog, I post about the topics I'm reading about, or about things I'm dealing with in my life. I'm hoping in the coming year to do more posts about music, food, books, health... in general, a wider assortment of topics. There will still be lots of politics; we've got a presidential election ahead!

This year I also intend to experiment with video blogging. My first video attempt may be a version of the Farm Report. Stay tuned... it's bound to be an interesting year!

- Chas

2 comments:

Walker said...

Chas, It's time for the Farm Report, whether you video it or just give us still shots!

I'm going to have to picket this blog and sing insipid protest songs... And it's one, two, three, what're you waiting 4?

Chas said...

Winter on the farm means lots of work (feeding and cleaning) but little to report. We've got some new ducks, but trying to photograph them is a challenge. They never all stay still at the same time! And half their charm is their movements (which are funny) and the sounds they make (which are endearing... well, mostly).

I have no doubt that I'm trying to use them as an excuse to buy a new camcorder!