Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Veteran's Day Salute, in Remembrance


With the recent attack at Fort Hood, our soldiers are very much in our minds this Veteran's Day. I like what Pat said in his post this morning:

"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted"
I cannot bring myself to write some trite post about today's solemn holy day. I think it's because I experienced all my emotions of gratitude to our warriors during the memorial service at Fort Hood yesterday - especially while I was listening to that soldier singing "Amazing Grace." [...]

He goes on to discuss music, and then posts two videos, from Brahms' "German Requiem".

Music sometimes says more than words. In that spirit, I'd like to express thanks to our veterans by posting this video as a tribute to their service and sacrifice:



Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings, op.11. Uncut
Original broadcast from the Albert Hall in London September 15 2001. Leonard Slatkin conducts the BBC Orchestra.


Much Heartfelt Thanks to all our Veterans, and our brave men and women in military service presently. You are always in my prayers.
     

No comments: