Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The valor blindness of the MSM


Hat tip to Cox and Forkum for the cartoon. You can read their related commentary and links HERE.

Here is an portion of an excerpt they did from an LA times article:

[I]f the "chattering classes" ever wonder why those of us in the military family sometimes bitterly resent the media, they need look no further than the "Haditha story." What bothers me is that I haven't seen one recent story dedicated to the heroism of our troops given such consistent prominence in The Times or other leading papers. Nor have I read a front-page headline about a military medal ceremony and the story behind it, although every year I see front-page treatment in The Times of who wins the Oscars. ...


Related Links:

Haditha: Is McGirk the New Mary Mapes?

Evidence accumulates of a hoax in Haditha. The weblog Sweetness & Light has done an estimable service gathering together the articles which cast substantial doubt on the charge of a massacre of civilians at Haditha . Because the blog is too busy gathering and fisking the news, I offered and the publisher accepted my offer to put what he has uncovered in a narrative form.

Having done so, I can tell you that the story has a whiff of yet another mediagenic scandal like the TANG memos or the Plame “outing.” While the Marines quite correctly will not comment on the case pending the outcome of their investigation, I am not bound by those rules, and I will sum up the story for you...

Haditha a hoax? This is worth reading.

Hat tip to TammyBruce.com for the link. You can read her blog post about the story HERE.

And from Michelle Malkin:

American troops in shackles
 

No comments: