Sunday, December 31, 2006

Joy and Beauty for year end post

I recently came across some files of paintings I had saved while browsing the internet. For my last post for this year, I thought I would share some of them here. I don't have all the names and references about them, I just saved them because I liked them.


This painting is fun to me. It's done in a traditional style, it's pleasant to look at, and I find the subjects amusing; two teenagers, slumping in their chairs, just like real teenagers do. Dress them in tee-shirts and bluejeans, and they could be swapping mp3 files on their iPods. Technology and fashion change more than people do.

These others I don't know much about, other than I saved them for their beauty and joyful vibes:















Joy and Beauty refreshes and inspires us. May we all have more of it in this approaching New Year.
     

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Great pics again and I totally agree with this statement:

"Joy and Beauty refreshes and inspires us. May we all have more of it in this approaching New Year."
-----------------------------

Amen!!!!!