Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Funnies 12/10/06


Hat tip to Cox and Forkum for the above cartoon, titled "Peace, Love & Genocide". You can read their related commentary and links about Jimmy Carter's new book HERE. Below is a portion of the excerpt they used from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

Adviser breaks with Carter on Mideast book

A longtime adviser to former President Jimmy Carter has resigned his position as a Carter Center fellow for Middle East Affairs in response to Carter's new book. "Being president doesn't give one the prerogative to bend the facts to reach a prescribed reality," said Kenneth Stein, the first executive director of the Carter Center ...

... "President Carter's book on the Middle East, a title too inflammatory to even print, is not based on unvarnished analysis; it is replete with factual errors, copied materials not cited, superficialities, glaring omissions, and simply invented segments," Stein wrote. "Aside from the one-sided nature of the book, meant to provoke, there are recollections cited from meetings where I was the third person in the room, and my notes of those meetings show little similarity to points claimed in the book."

(bold emphasis mine) Jimmy Carter is, IMO, the worst president ever. The situation in the Middle East that we face today is in large part due to what happened under his watch. The man is a disgrace.


On with the rest of the Sunday Funnies:


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another more than plentiful offering to save the URL (link back) for a future post! Thanks.

Dionne said...

Great toons!! Carter being a disgrace is putting it lightly. The more I learn about this man the more I dislike him.

Chas said...

Years ago I used to think of Carter as being merely pessimistic. But the more I've heard him speak, the more I have found to dislike. I've also learned more about what he did (and didn't do) as President, and what he has said since. I find him to be thoroughly despicable.

Dionne said...

Chas:
Ditto for me. I initially thought him to be a good guy who was just an inept president. Then when he started to bash Bush within weeks of him becoming President my opinion began to change. He had sat silently by during Clinton's 8 yrs. of scandal with no criticism at all. Then he immediately begins criticizing Bush for policy differences, yikes! Then when I did a thorough post on him I found out that he was an Anti-American appeaser even while being president.

When I got to meet W a couple of us were talking that we think one of the few presidents we wouldn't want to meet would be Carter, thats how much we despise him.