Saturday, April 08, 2006

I've won First Place!

I won 1st place for the "Fearless Philosophy Blogpost of the Month" for the month of March. Cool!

Says Stephen Littau at the Fearless Philosophy for Free Minds blog:

Over the past month or so I have been reading Chas’ blog; one thing seems very clear to me: this man is on a mission to expose the horrors of Sharia Law (Islomofascism). I’m talking about the horrors the MSM doesn’t want to show you on the nightly news...

Well it must seem like I'm on a mission, because I've been posting about Islam and Sharia and related topics quite a bit for months now. I never intended it to be that way. This blog was supposed to be about whatever I was reading about or dealing with at them time. It just so happens that I have been reading a lot about these subjects, and as I've been learning about them, I've been sharing that information.

It's been rather depressing at times. I have a whole stockpile of sources for future posts, but I do them in small posts, because otherwise the subject is too overwhelming. I don't enjoy reading about horror, but there is so much the MSM is not reporting on, that I feel compelled to share this information as I find it.

Auntie Mame once said "Knowledge is power". I think that can be true, even if the knowledge is of some ugly things. Forewarned is forearmed, and we can learn from the bad experiences of others.

Many thanks to Stephen Littau at the Fearless Philosophy For Free Minds blog. Be sure and check out the 2nd and 3rd place runners up, and some of his other interesting posts, too.

3 comments:

Joubert said...

Congratulations.

Dionne said...

Congrats!! You deserve it. You've done a great job on this topic.

Chas said...

Thank you! The topics I pick aren't always the most pleasant, but I hope they are informative and educational. I'm basically just sharing what I'm learning about.

I see by my sitemeter that my posts get pulled up in search engines a lot, by people who are seeking information on these topics. So I hope that by addressing some topics that the MSM is ignoring, I'm doing something of value.

I was inspired to start blogging by Tammy Bruce, and what she said in her last book, "The New American Revolution". She said that when fighting the good fight seems overwhelming, don't try to deal with the whole thing all at once.

The liberals have been nawing away at our culture and values for decades, to get where they are today. We can fight them the same way; one bite at a time. Every day, do our little bit, instead of feeling so overwhelmed that we despair and do nothing.

Blogging is one of the ways I do that. It doesn't always seem like a lot while I'm doing it, but it adds up over time.

Peace, thanks for the link - I've added you to my special favorites too! I've really enjoyed your humor, it helps make the good fight a little easier for all of us.