Saturday, January 21, 2006

I should be a Journalism Major...

... if I went to college. At least that is what the test results said when I took this "What is your perfect major?" quiz at QuizFarm.com. The complete test results:

You scored as Journalism. You are an aspiring journalist,
and you should major in journalism! Like me, you are
passionate about writing and expressing yourself, and you
want the world to understand your beliefs through writing.

Journalism

92%

Linguistics

83%

Anthropology

83%

Engineering

75%

Mathematics

67%

Biology

67%

Sociology

67%

Theater

67%

Art

67%

Philosophy

58%

Psychology

58%

English

50%

Dance

42%

Chemistry

25%

What is your Perfect Major? (PLEASE RATE ME!!)
created with QuizFarm.com


Hat tip to Mahndisa's Thoughts, where I found her link to the test.

So what should YOUR major be?

5 comments:

Lone Ranger said...

Whatever you do, stay away from journalism school. I have a degree, but it isn't in journalism. That's why I'm still able to think for myself.

Chas said...

When I went to college over 25 years ago, my Major was "Mass Communications". A large part of that curriculum was journalism.

I dropped out, because even though I wouldn't have called myself a convservative back then, I was paying large amounts of money to a school that was just telling me what to think; there was no real LEARNING happening, I was just buying a piece of paper that said I could belong to their club.

I moved to California and tried school again a couple of times, but had the same problem; paying for an expensive brainwashing camp. It was all about conforming, and I couldn't be bothered, I could learn more from reading books.

While in California, I worked as a security guard at a TV/Radio Station for a while. It was very interesting. Liberals were definitely in charge and set the tone. Even many of the staff were ex-hippies; the 60's lived on.

They would hire and promote their own, so if you were a conservative, you would have to keep quiet about it if you wanted to get anywhere. San Francisco might have been an extreme case, but since most of the people who work in the media are Democrats, I would guess that it's not too different elsewhere.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

01 21 06

Hey there Chas: Thanks for the hat tip. Journalism is a good thing, imho:) Have a nice weekend. I will stop by another time:)

juanitagf said...

Journalism 100%
Psychology 92%

Interesting anyway...

Chas said...

Yes, I was a little suprised, I thought I would get something more artsy-fartsy.

Perhaps a lot of bloggers get high scores for journalism? It seems a likely match/tendency for a blogger.